Newsletter #140 July/Aug 2014 Now Available in Newsletter Archive - MEMBERS ONLY
- The Vintage RC Society (VRCS) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today. We do this through our semi-monthly newsletter, The Vintage Flier, and annual reunions and fly-ins.
- OUR OBJECTIVE
- Our primary objective is to fly the old RC designs, those planes that were designed for radio control. We recommend the use of modern radios and motors for reliability although vintage radios can be used if they are reconditioned to today's reliability standards. Gas power can be replaced by electric power if desired.
- WHAT AIRCRAFT ARE ELIGIBLE? (Revised and Effective 1/1/08)
Any model airplane that employed radio control and was kitted, published or flown (attested to by the builder) and falls into one of the following classifications:
- Pioneer: Prior to January 1, 1955
- Classic: Prior to January 1, 1965
- Nostalgia: 35 years old prior to the first of each calendar year.
2014 VRCS Theme Aircraft Announced:
2014 Theme Plane - Ugly Stick or any of its derivatives.
2015 VRCS Theme Aircraft Announced:
After some consideration and modification, here is the result of the Theme Plane Committee’s recommendation for 2015:
“Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder. Throttle is optional. Radio control by any means, vintage or modern, but in all cases two channels are the maximum allowed”.
Dave Platt, TPC Chairman
2015 Theme Plane - Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder.
Our Newsletters are Available to Members in the Member's area.
This is a sample newsletter for public viewing.
Please join VRCS to obtain access ot the latest newsletter and our newsletter archive.