New Feature "PRESERVED TECH DOCUMENTS (menu on left) First contribution Mike D'Amico Melbourne FL Kraft Literature.
Newsletter #142 Nov/Dec 2014 Now Available in Newsletter Archive - MEMBERS ONLY
The Toledo Show is coming - 61st year - if you have never been there this should be on your BUCKET LIST!
Toledo OH April 10-11-12 VRCS will have a booth there. Bring a model to display at our section fo the the exhibit too!
- The Vintage RC Society (VRCS) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today. We do this through our semi-monthly newsletter, The Vintage Flier, and annual reunions and fly-ins.
- OUR OBJECTIVE
- Our primary objective is to fly the old RC designs, those planes that were designed for radio control. We recommend the use of modern radios and motors for reliability although vintage radios can be used if they are reconditioned to today's reliability standards. Gas power can be replaced by electric power if desired.
- WHAT AIRCRAFT ARE ELIGIBLE? (Revised and Effective 1/1/08)
Any model airplane that employed radio control and was kitted, published or flown (attested to by the builder) and falls into one of the following classifications:
- Pioneer: Prior to January 1, 1955
- Classic: Prior to January 1, 1965
- Nostalgia: 35 years old prior to the first of each calendar year.
2015 VRCS Theme Aircraft Announced:
2015 Theme Plane - Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder.
“Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder. Throttle is optional. Radio control by any means, vintage or modern, but in all cases two channels are the maximum allowed”.
Dave Platt, TPC Chairman
Our Newsletters are Available to Members in the Member's area.
This is a sample newsletter for public viewing.
Please join VRCS to obtain access ot the latest newsletter and our newsletter archive.