- The Vintage RC Society (VRCS) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today. We do this through our semi-monthly newsletter, The Vintage Flier, and annual reunions and fly-ins.
- OUR OBJECTIVE
- Our primary objective is to fly the old RC designs, those planes that were designed for radio control. We recommend the use of modern radios and motors for reliability although vintage radios can be used if they are reconditioned to today's reliability standards. Gas power can be replaced by electric power if desired.
- WHAT AIRCRAFT ARE ELIGIBLE? (Revised and Effective 1/1/08)
Any model airplane that employed radio control and was kitted, published or flown (attested to by the builder) and falls into one of the following classifications:
- Pioneer: Prior to January 1, 1955
- Classic: Prior to January 1, 1965
- Nostalgia: 35 years old prior to the first of each calendar year.
2013 Dues are Payable Now
It is that time again. Members should make payment as follows:
Via PayPal using PayPal or Your Credit Card (no need to join PayPal) as follows:
1 Year Renewal $20
2 Year Renewal $30
or Mail to our Treasurer Terry Terrenoire as follows:
1 Year $20 - 2 years $30
VR/CS Treasurer Terry Terrenoire 205 Meadowview Lane Locust Grove VA 22508
please note your name and VRCS membership number with your payment or use the Membership Application Form that can be found in the main menu.
Membership cards sent only to new members. You may reprint a membership card online in the MEMBERS ONLY area.
New members or anyone joining after a break in previous membership should please use main menu link to obtain membership application and mail application with payment to our treasurer directly.
Anyone needing VRCS logo merchandise: coffee mugs, decals or patches please use membership form in main menu and mail information to our treasurer.
2013/2014 VRCS Theme Aircraft Announced:
The Theme Plane Committee has opted to expand the choice for 2013 to --- "Any legal design up to and including a .25 (.40 4-stroke) or electric 400w".
For 2014 the choice is to be the Ugly Stick and its derivitives.
On behalf of the Committee, Dave Platt, Chairman.
There is some confusion regarding our Theme Planes for 2013 and 2014. The confusion has arisen from the fact that the Theme Plane committee identified the both planes last year.
2013 Theme Plane - Any legal design up to and including a .25 (.40 4 cycle) or electric 400 watts. This was published in the September/October 2012 Vintage Flier.
2014 Theme Plane - Ugly Stick or any of its derivatives. This was published in the November/December 2012 issue of the Vintage Flier.
Our Newsletters are Available to Members in the Member's area.
This is a sample newsletter for public viewing.
Please join VRCS to obtain access ot the latest newsletter and our newsletter archive.