Newsletter #141 Sept/Octg 2014 Now Available in Newsletter Archive - MEMBERS ONLY
It is with great sadness that we report the passing of one of our founders Joe Beshar.
Joseph J., of Denville, formerly of Oradell, for 54 years passed away on August 26, 2014 at the age of 91. During World War II, he was stationed in England with the 8th Air force and he had 17 bombing missions. After the war, Joseph graduated from Michigan State University where he earned a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. He was an active member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics where he enjoyed building and flying Model Airplanes. He is survived by his wife MaryJane of 63 years. Loving father to Leslie Lafrano and her husband Joel, Hope Sferra, Marc Beshar and his partner Daniel Piatek, and Luke Beshar and his wife Annette. Dear brother to Florence Nakashian and Robert Beshar. Cherished grandfather to George, Michael, Daniel, Emily, Luke, Scott, Olivia and Ana. Also survived by two great-grandchildren. His funeral will be on Saturday at 9 AM from the William G. Basralian Funeral Home 559 Kinderkamack Road Oradell thence to Sacred Heart RC Church Haworth for a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 AM. Interment following Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Totowa. Visiting Friday 4-8 PM. Donations may be made to Sacred Heart Church or Compassionate Care Hospice 350 Sparta Avenue, Building B/Suite 2, Sparta, NJ 07871.
Rest in Peace!
2014 Spirit of Selinsgrove
- The Vintage RC Society (VRCS) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today. We do this through our semi-monthly newsletter, The Vintage Flier, and annual reunions and fly-ins.
- OUR OBJECTIVE
- Our primary objective is to fly the old RC designs, those planes that were designed for radio control. We recommend the use of modern radios and motors for reliability although vintage radios can be used if they are reconditioned to today's reliability standards. Gas power can be replaced by electric power if desired.
- WHAT AIRCRAFT ARE ELIGIBLE? (Revised and Effective 1/1/08)
Any model airplane that employed radio control and was kitted, published or flown (attested to by the builder) and falls into one of the following classifications:
- Pioneer: Prior to January 1, 1955
- Classic: Prior to January 1, 1965
- Nostalgia: 35 years old prior to the first of each calendar year.
2015 VRCS Theme Aircraft Announced:
2015 Theme Plane - Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder.
“Any VR/CS legal rudder-only design, with flight controls limited to rudder. Throttle is optional. Radio control by any means, vintage or modern, but in all cases two channels are the maximum allowed”.
Dave Platt, TPC Chairman
Our Newsletters are Available to Members in the Member's area.
This is a sample newsletter for public viewing.
Please join VRCS to obtain access ot the latest newsletter and our newsletter archive.